Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southwire 21050T AC/DC Clamp Meter for electrical diagnosis

I've been researching non contact clamp meters for a while and finally decided this one should give the best bang for the buck for testing and diagnosing systems on the motorhome. Lowes had it for just under $80 and I got a nice BD gift card from family. Will be interesting to see how it works when I get the beast out of winter storage and continue restoration.

Here's an intro video I made.

More Info Here on the Southwire Site.

UPDATE: This was not working correctly so I returned it. See following posts.
    1992 Champion EuroPremier 38'-sold, 1984 Ford Bronco, 2010 Australian Shepherd - "Coby", 2012 Pomeranian- "Bella"
    www.ClassicRV.net

Welllll........ I've had a chance to attempt using the clamp meter over the past couple months and I'm not impressed. As a voltmeter used with the plug in leads it seems to work well but the clamp part is not working correctly at all. It normally shows around 20 amps when not near any wires. If I put it in relative mode it gives me close to zero when not near any wires but then the reading jumps around a bunch.

I'm headed to Lowes hoping they'll give me a refund.
    1992 Champion EuroPremier 38'-sold, 1984 Ford Bronco, 2010 Australian Shepherd - "Coby", 2012 Pomeranian- "Bella"
    www.ClassicRV.net

Comment

Mission accomplished. Lowes gave my money back and no hassle. Headed over to Home Depot and picked up the Klein CL2000 for $145. A bit spendy but should be well worth it for an important tool that should last a lifetime.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1005.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	895.8 KB
ID:	970 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1006.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	862.7 KB
ID:	971

See the Klein in action and follow testing and reviews here--> http://www.classicrv.net/forum/maint...ical-diagnosis
      www.ClassicRV.net

Comment

Working...
      X